- We recommend that all painting is complete before your new flooring arrives.
- Rooms and closets that will be resurfaced must be emptied prior to the arrival of the installation crew.
- To ensure no damage occurs to your heirlooms or valuable items, please remove and box any of those items near the area of installation
- Baseboards and moldings, in most installations, can be left in place. However, we cannot be responsible for any damage that may occur
- Remove all hanging objects in the area of installation.
- Disconnect and move electronics, cable modems and routers, or computers.
- In all cases, we will need access to electrical power in the installation area. Also, heat is required for a proper installation.
- If you have preference for the direction of the pattern or layout of your flooring, you will need to discuss it with our experts at the time of the purchase. Many of the styles require additional material to achieve the desired look.
- If your installation requires removal of existing or cutting of material in the area, cover any furniture or areas to protect against dust and debris.
- Thoroughly inspect the flooring once the installation has been completed. Please bring any concerns to your installer’s attention immediately.
- Hinged doors may require trimming for proper clearance once your new flooring installed.
- Your installation may require touch-up to walls, moldings, and baseboards. The customer is responsible for performing these touch-ups.
- The installation crew will remove all waste pertaining to the installation of your new flooring. Although installers do sweep or vacuum following installation, the area will require additional and a more thorough cleaning.
- Any furniture we are requested to move will be handled with the utmost care. However, accidents may happen. We will not be held responsible for any damages including doors, walls, furniture, electronics, etc.
- Allow proper ventilation for 72 hours after your flooring installation by utilizing fans.